Happy Afternoon Tea Week!
If you are planning on bringing a sweet treat to the table of your Afternoon Tea this week, we may have the perfect recipe.
By following the steps below, you can create a delicious Blackcurrant & Vanilla Cheesecake:
Stokes Blackcurrant Extra Jam
300g Digestive Biscuits
700g Soft Cheese
250ml Double Cream
1 Vanilla Pod
- Melt the butter and use a little to grease a 20cm springform tin. Line the base with a circle of greaseproof paper
- Crumb the biscuits in a food processor, pouring on the melted butter. Put the biscuit mix into the tin, spreading evenly across the base and pack down with the end of a rolling pin. Put in the fridge to harden
- Whisk the cream cheese with the icing sugar until thick. In a separate bowl pour in the cream. Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds out using the tip of a small knife and add to the cream. Whisk until thick and fold into the cream cheese
- Evenly spread the mix into the mould, tapping down to release any air. Smooth the top over and chill overnight in the fridge
- Once chilled, top with a good few tablespoons of Blackcurrant Jam and Blackcurrants. For a real indulgent treat, try adding a spoonful of jam to the cheesecake mix
If Blackcurrant Jam is missing from your cupboards, you can add this to your basket on our website.