Christmas is about spending time with people you love and being thankful for everything you have. It’s about giving and celebrating. It’s about joy and laughter, but most importantly, Christmas is all about enjoying good food.
In my opinion, some of the foods we have at Christmas are up there with the very best. The combination of the sweet and savoury flavours that are typically associated with Christmas time, makes celebrating with friends and family extra special. Here at Butchers-Sundries, we have been anticipating all of the exciting tastes of Christmas and coming up with our festive favourites.
With only four days left until the big day, here are our top five favourite Christmas treats for you to take some festive inspiration from and get everything prepared for the celebrations ahead.
- Pomegranate, Brie, and Cranberry Bruschetta
Get your guests’ taste buds tingling with this festive appetiser. Not only is this one an absolute favourite of mine, but it’s also really easy to prepare.
- Combine pomegranate seeds, Stokes Cranberry Sauce, sugar, orange zest, and salt in a small bowl (quantities can be decided in accordance with how many guests you have)
- Layer your brie onto small slices of warmed ciabatta and delicately spoon your pomegranate and cranberry mix on top
- Serve on a platter for guests to share
- Orange Marmalade Pie
A perfect Christmassy treat.
- Combine 80g of sugar, 300g of flour, an egg, 130g of butter, 1tbsp of baking powder, 1tsp of vanilla extract, and grated lemon peel
- Knead the ingredients together and then shape the dough into a ball. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for around 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Butter a pie plate/dish and line it with the pie crust, keeping back some dough for the garnish
- Spread Stokes Seville Orange Marmalade on the pie crust until the pie is two thirds full
- Garnish the pie with the dough that you set aside earlier by placing festive shapes over the filling
- Bake the pie for approximately 20 minutes
- Remove the pie from the oven, let it cool completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve as a tasty dessert
- Crispy Roast Potatoes
An absolute must-have for any quality Christmas dinner.
- Place a large roasting tin in the oven and set to heat to 200C
- Peel your potatoes (enough to feed everyone)
- Add olive oil into your roasting tin and heat it in the oven for a few more minutes until it’s really hot
- Place your potatoes into the baking tin. Be careful as they may sizzle as they go in
- Make sure your potatoes are all spread out evenly and then add your Roasties Mix
- Keep them in the oven until they’re golden brown and crispy
- Parsley, Thyme, and Lemon Stuffing
Another Christmas dinner essential that is super easy to prepare.
- Pour your Parsley, Thyme, and Lemon Stuffing Mix into a suitably sized dish
- Add water (check the packaging for quantities)
- Cook at 180C and serve alongside your other festive favourites
- A Cheeseboard
What better way to end your festive feast than with an indulgent cheeseboard, served with chutneys, fruits, and a wide variety of tasty cheeses? Why not save yourself the job of shopping around for different flavoured chutneys, and buy our Stokes Cheeseboard Collection so that you have everything you need, all in one place?
- Depending on how many people you are catering for, gather a selection of cheeses; Brie, goat’s cheese, Wensleydale, Camembert, and Cheddar are often very popular
- Display your cheeses neatly on a platter and add fresh fruits, like grapes and dates around the cheese
- Include a wide variety of chutneys with your selection of cheese
- Serve with soft butter and let your guest indulge in a final festive treat