- Size Chart
Butchers Sundries only select the highest quality skins from our industry-renowned suppliers; vein free, whisker free, soft in texture and light in colour.
Our natural sausage casings are supplied in bundles or on flat tapes in brine and are vacuum-sealed in a food-grade vacuum pouch for the ultimate protection and to provide a longer shelf life.
- You will receive a total of 91.4 metres of hog casings on tube/tapes for easy use
- Single hank comes in clear, dated, vac sealed bag, not a bucket
- Calibre 32/34mm
- Salted casings/casings in brine will last approximately 1 year or more*
- Each metre of casing will produce 1lb of sausage
Directions of Use:
- Soak the skins overnight in cold water
- Change water to lukewarm water 30 minutes before use
- Slide the tube over your sausage filler or slide the casings off onto the nozzle and fill
- After use, flush any unfilled casings with water, re-salt and store in an airtight container
- Nozzle Size Required: 19/23mm
What is the Shelf Life of Natural Casings?
*Salted casings or, casings stored in brine have a shelf life of approximately 1 year if stored correctly, providing they are still within their expiry.
What is the Difference Between a Bundle and a Hank?
A hank is an industry used term that refers to skins as being 100 yards or 91.4 metres in length. A bundle is a reference for various different lengths that can be anything from 60m, 70m, 80m or even 90m long.
How Do I Keep Any Unused Casings?
If you have any unused casings left you will need to cover in salt and store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated. Please note that casings are NOT suitable for freezing.
All of our Hog and Sheep casings are a fresh and natural product which are stored in salt/salty brine. It is normal for the colour of the skins to vary and for them to have a noticeable odour. Our casings are flushed, cleaned and processed thoroughly before they are sent out.
You can simply call us on 01530 411275 between 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we are here to answer any questions you may have. We have a team of highly skilled customer service advisors and even ex butchers here to give you the correct and best advice.
|Casings Size (Diameter)||Nozzle Sizes to Use||Pack Size (Metres)||Weight of Sausages Made|