Lucas Easi-Cure Traditional Flavour Curing Salt
This cure mix contains the necessary ingredients for successful curing i.e. cure and salt to produce traditional style bacon or ham with great colour, texture and taste.
To every 30g of cure use 1kg of meat.
Take care to avoid contact with other meats in the fridge to avoid cross-contamination by nitrate.
- De-bone and trim loin and belly (or other meat)
- Ensure curing salt is distributed evenly, particularly in pockets and cavities
- Vacuum pack meat
- Allow to cure one day per half-inch (13mm) thickness of the meat, plus 2 days
- Store at 2C - 4C
- Turn every 2 days. Apply date sticker for your own records
- Once curing process is finished, rinse off excess salt and ensure the meat is fully dried before slicing and packing
Ingredients: Salt (80-90%), Sugar (10-20%), Preservatives (E250 (0.80%), E251 (0.50%)), Antioxidant (E301) (<2%).
You can simply call us on 01530 411275 between 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday or email us at email@example.com where we are here to answer any questions you may have. We have a team of highly skilled customer service advisors and even ex butchers here to give you the correct and best advice.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.