250 x 500mm Dry Age/Curing Bags
Our range of Dry Age Bags are perfect for dry ageing ham, beef and fish. The bags allow you to dry-age meats from home without the use of expensive curing fridges or other ageing equipment.
- Lower permeation and closed to protect against bacteria
- Can also be used to mature cheese and dry vegetables
- Winner of a Food & Beverage Product Innovation Award
- Food contact safe
- 250 x 500mm
- 50m in thickness (0.05mm)
- Pat meat dry (to avoid excess moisture) and place selected cut of meat into the dry age bag.
- Use a chamber or retractable nozzle type vacuum sealer (industrial sealers only) to draw the air out of the bag. (Only a light vacuum is needed to ensure meat is touching the bag.)
- Place the bag with the meat inside onto a wire rack in a well-ventilated cooler. Good airflow is required to age the meat properly.
- During the first week, the meat will bond to the bag and the colour of the meat will darken.
- The meat should be aged for around 21 days, although this will vary depending on the type and size of meat used. During this time it will lose approximately 10% in weight.
- After the desired ageing period is complete, the meat can be removed from the bag.
- Once removed, the outer hardened surface should be trimmed before the meat is cut.
You can simply call us on 01530 411275 between 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday or email us at email@example.com where we are here to answer any questions you may have. We have a team of highly skilled customer service advisors and even ex butchers here to give you the correct and best advice.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.