Pastry/Pie Glaze – 2kg Tub
Our Pastry/Pie Glaze is very easy to use and ensures great taste every time. The benefit of using a Pie Glaze is that it creates an aesthetically pleasing visual appearance to make your pastries and pies look more appealing when selling in your store. The Glaze is made as per the below instructions:
16% dry mix to 84% boiling water
To Make a 1kg Batch:
160g dry mix to 840g boiling water
- Add the boiling water to the dry powder and whisk well until completely dissolved.
- The glaze can be used immediately and can be applied to pastry be either brushing or spraying.
- The glaze can be used prior to and after baking.
- Store the dry glaze in cool and dry conditions. Open each container as required but ensure that it is re-sealed after use.
- Add the glaze evenly to water, agitating with a whisk to ensure that all of the lumps are broken apart. Larger amounts may require a mechanical mixer.
- Do not allow glaze solutions to rest in spraying lines for long periods without use as the glaze could set and cause a jet blockage. All spraying equipment should be cleaned thoroughly after use.
- Glaze solutions should be made up in quantities as required. Glaze solutions should be kept in a cool place and guarded against the sunlight to ensure that spoilage and discolouration does not occur.
- The pastry to be glazed should be free of dusting flour to ensure a good surface finish.
- If the product has been frozen, the pastry will need to be tempered before glazing to remove all ice crystals. If not removed, it could prevent good adhesion and also delamination of the glaze.
Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Modified Maize Starch, Dextrose, Colours (E150c, E160b), Emulsifier (E466)
You can simply call us on 01530 411275 between 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday or email us at email@example.com where we are here to answer any questions you may have. We have a team of highly skilled customer service advisors and even ex butchers here to give you the correct and best advice.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.